A super quick ice-cream made from frozen bananas! Who knew?
Especially good for the dairy free or vegetarian bods amongst you.
1 frozen banana
1 heaped tsp raw cacao powder
honey to taste
teeny bit of good quality vanilla paste
teeny bit of cinnamon – don’t overdo it!
teeny pinch of sea salt
optional ~ nuts, dried fruit, peanut butter
1. Freeze the banana, best done with the skin off (they only take a few hours)
2. Chop the banana up and whizz it in a blender for a few minutes until smooth
3. Add all the other ingredients and you’re done! ~ Just amend the quantities and flavours as you wish :)
4. If you fancy a topping, coconut, cacao nibs and berries work well!
A nice little interview with SHOWstudio’s Lou Stoppard and film director Frédéric Tcheng, on the making of ‘Dior and I’.
The film tracks the arrival of new creative director Raf Simons and the process of producing an entire haute couture collection in just 8 weeks. For goodness sake just see it, it is bloody great.
showstudio.com | @showstudio
Go check out the Creative Safari blog – loads of great illustration and design featured. This week they were kind enough to feature the stitched ‘Gustave’ postcard :).
If you fancy a customised postcard sent to someone, or just sent to yourself!, drop by etsy here or send me a note.
The lovely folks at Blog and Buy Sale have put together their Spring wishlist, and featured some of my stitched postcards!
These are my favourites from my fellow creative bods :), go have a nose at all the designers I am alongside here!
4. Tetrahedron Cushion
6. Dark Selection Screenprint
5. Wild City Print
1. Gerald Chicken Print
2. Zebra Pop Cushion
3. Single Triangle Necklace
1. ‘Gerald’ Chicken Print ~ Abby Cook Illustration | £18.00
2. Zebra Pop Cushion ~ Urbanknit | £35.00
3. Single Triangle Necklace ~ Fawn and Rose | £15.00
4. Tetrahedron Cushion ~ Alfred & Wilde | £48.00
5. Wild City Print ~ Supermarche Studio | £70.00
6. Dark Selection Screenprint ~ Richard Horne | £50.00
A little late, but this year I made some tiny floral Easter eggs with violas. Mama T has some lovely chickens that lay teeny white eggs, so I snaffled a few from Eric the chicken and set to work.
Here you go if you want to recreate:
1. Nip off the stalk and leaves and get them as flat as you can whilst leaving the flower in one piece (leaves work nicely too)
2. Paint some pva glue mixed with a little water on a clean and dry egg where you want the flower to be, it still needs some sticking power so don’t water it down too much! (I hollowed my egg out so it lasts for yonks!)
3. Place the flower on and paint over it gently until covered. Let it dry.
4. Give it another coat and you’re done!
I couldn’t find any pen pots I liked anywhere, so I made some!
What you’ll need:
Pots! (I used glass and terracotta)
Masking tape or frog tape
Plastikote spray (I used flat copper)
How to do it:
1. Make sure all the pots are clean and dry
2. Wrap tape around the part of the pot you want to cover, ensure the edge of the tape is firmly stuck down so paint does not seep in and ruin the finished paint line
3. Spray the pots on top of newspaper outside (a few thin coats are better than one thick coat)
4. Leave them to dry for 30mins and then remove the tape
Tip: Get the wax out of used candle jars by putting a metal spoon in the jar, pouring in boiled water and leaving to go cold…the wax will float to the top and then you can give them a scrub! Be super careful.
To most guys, yoga is pink lycra and vegan chicks. It’s breathing deeply while doing poses named after animals and feelings. It’s done in dimly lit rooms with candles and incense, followed by gluten free cupcakes and kale smoothies. And if that’s your mentality then you’re not alone. But it doesn’t mean it’s right.
Boys of Yoga have launched in London and there’s not a snipsy bit of pink lycra in sight…mainly because they have their own BOY merchandise! Go check it out, a percentage of each sale helps Railway Children too!
Have a nose at the crew here and if you fancy yourself as part of the team, or know someone that needs a little push, give them a shout…sorry no girls allowed (buy a tshirt instead)!
@boysofyoga | @instagram | facebook
All images by @michaeljameswong