I love ice-cream but I don’t have a fancy ice-cream maker, nor do I want to faff about churning it all the time! This is perfect and amended slightly from good ole Nigella.
300ml double cream
150g condensed milk
2tbsp espresso powder (not liquid!)
2tbsp of coffee or chocolate liqueur
Optional : nuts, chocolate chips
Put all ingredients together and whip (electric or by hand) until the cream has created peaks.
THAT. IS. IT.
Pop it in a container and into the freezer for 6 hours, or even better, overnight.
The alcohol will ensure the ice-cream never freezes solid and retains a gelato consistency.
Enjoy :) !
Some companies are nailing it at the minute. Warby Parker is one of them.
If you’ve not seen their annual reports, you should take a look, such a breath of fresh air from the pages of text you normally see. Here’s their 2014 report and 2013 was also ace.
…and here’s a note from their CEO Dave to me…you can now refer to me as loofah :). More companies should do this! Brands, take note.
@warbyparker | instagram
These are a few things I am currently ogling :). Hello, Summer.
7. how to be both
6. Pink blanket
3. white espadrille
2. vintage pink eraser and brush
1. ceramic plant pot
4. denim shirt
5. bowie shirt
9. Pineapple cozzie
10. Neon palmairas
1. Ceramic plant pot | £29.64 | wacamole ceramic
2. Vintage pink eraser and brush | £6.00 | present & correct
3. White espadrilles | £49.99 | zara
4. Denim shirt | £39.99 | zara
5. Bowie shirt | 140euro | gkero
6. Pink blanket | £59.00 |house of rym at the future kept
7. How to be both book | £8.99 | waterstones
8. Straw fedora | £17.00 | stories
9. Pineapple cozzie | £19.99 | h&m
10. Neon palmairas | £42.00 | palmairasandals.com
HidrateMe, a smart water bottle that syncs to your phone to track your water intake and glows to remind you to stay hydrated
I actually need this bottle…and it looks like others do too because it is already funded! Hooray!
I would love to be one of those people guzzling water all day, sadly I am just not. I have a coffee in the morning and I can genuinely go for hoursssss without drinking anything else, because I don’t get very thirsty unless I have done a workout.
If I am at my desk I *might* remember to fill up a glass, if not, gawwwd knows when, most probably when I am lethargic and grouchy with the beginnings of a headache which is a taaaad too late to keep the ole noggin and body healthy. I know I know. Must. Do. Better.
Check it out below.
Well. This is a bit good isn’t it.
@patrickavale | www.patrickvale.co.uk
A beast of a weekend remix. Press play.
Artists featured in alphabetical order:
Eric B & Rakim
Pete Rock & CL Smooth
Rob Base & EZ Rock
The War On Drugs
A super quick ice-cream made from frozen bananas! Who knew?
Especially good for the dairy free or vegetarian bods amongst you.
1 frozen banana
1 heaped tsp raw cacao powder
honey to taste
teeny bit of good quality vanilla paste
teeny bit of cinnamon – don’t overdo it!
teeny pinch of sea salt
optional ~ nuts, dried fruit, peanut butter
1. Freeze the banana, best done with the skin off (they only take a few hours)
2. Chop the banana up and whizz it in a blender for a few minutes until smooth
3. Add all the other ingredients and you’re done! ~ Just amend the quantities and flavours as you wish :)
4. If you fancy a topping, coconut, cacao nibs and berries work well!